Our bodies are unique in many ways and there are a lot of things that happen to us that we feel we have absolutely no control over, like reflex actions.
The truth, however, is, we do, if only we knew the tricks to control our own bodies. There are many ways you can actually trick your body to make things easy for you.
Here are 10 easy ways you can trick your body to make life easier.
1. You don’t want to sneeze? Press the skin on the bridge of your nose with your fingers.
When you do this, your brain receives an alarm signal and puts the brakes on other processes, including the sneezing reflex. On the contrary, if you want to sneeze and can’t do it, look at a bright light.
2. For better hearing, close your ears.
If you’re in a loud environment and you can’t hear your friend speak, block one ear and you will be able to hear them audibly.
3. Suck your thumb if something worries you.
There is something known as the vagus nerve stimulation, which makes your heart beat slower and decreases blood pressure. And so sucking your thumb gives you this stimulation and makes you less nervous.
4. To get rid of hiccups, press an ice cube to your tongue.
5. If you have cramp in the right side of your body while running, exhale when you step on your left foot.
6. Hold your breath if you want to wake up faster.
7. Are you moody? Gnaw on a pencil.
8. Activate your super memory with a sprig of rosemary.
9. When your leg goes numb, shake your head.
10. Pinch your nose if you want to deceive a polygraph.