Sassy Serah Ndanu Teshna commands a massive following both on her ‘Alfajiri Show’ in K24 and online. Here are ten things you probably didn’t know about her:
1. She won the award for Best Lead Actress during the Kalasha Film Awards for her role in the award winning film The Rugged Priest in 2011. She also won an award for best lead actress in the Kenya Film Festival Awards in 2012.
3. She is one of the most outstanding Kenyan actresses having played lead roles in a number of films among them: It’s Not Yet Dusk, Women Of Obiero, I Do, Black Wedding, Remembering Lawi, Conflicted Successions and Rugged Priest as well as theatre pieces Betrayal and Temptations. At the age of five, she was already acting.
4. Her mother was a drama teacher and this helped push her into acting. She continued acting when she joined Phime Academy in Western Kenya for her primary school education.
5. In Class Five, she got to play the lead role in a play set for drama festivals. Her Loreto High School – Matunda, drama teacher at the time realised she had potential and gave her the lead role despite her age. She ended up winning Best Actress award at the Nationals.
6. Before landing her current job, she hosted The Skin Therapy show and Urbane Living.
7. Besides her current role in the DSTV series Sue na Johnnie, other TV series she has been involved in include Sumu La Penzi, Noose of Gold, Lies that Bind, Briefcase Inc and Nairobi Law.
8. She is the director of Miss Intercontinental Kenya beauty pageant.
9. She studied for a Bachelor of Arts degree in Tourism Management and Sociology at the University of Nairobi.
10. She was born on March 3, 1988.