1. You will not always agree
2. Relatives are good, but friends are better
3. Still on friends, don’t throw them away just because you got yourself a husband
4. In my year in marriage, I have learnt that my husband is and should be my closest ally
5. I have also learnt that not everyone will be on board with your decisions
The first year in marriage is never easy, but open communication helps a lot. Do not get into marriage with a preconceived idea of how it will be like, you will be disappointed. Talk to your partner and agree with them. Don’t let external forces dictate your relationship too much.