“Do not participate in any way in the sham election. Convince your friends, neighbours and everyone else not to participate. Instead, we advise Kenyans who value democracy and justice hold vigil and prayers away from polling stations,” said Raila Odinga at Uhuru Park on Wednesday.
Raila addressed his supporters and made his announcement regarding the repeat presidential poll.
- National Super Alliance (NASA) coalition has been transformed into a resistance movement.
- The movement will embark on a national campaign of defiance of illegitimate governmental authority and non-cooperation with all its organs.
- Boycott the goods and services offered by the businesses for whose benefit dictatorship is being established.
- NASA shall convene a People’s Assembly for the purpose of charting our way back to constitutionalism and democracy.
- The movement will also mobilize all progressive forces in the country to ensure that a fresh, free and fair presidential election is organized within 90 days.