Here are a few hygiene tips for men:
1. Wear Deodorant. Many men might not realize the difference between deodorants and antiperspirants. A deodorant gets rid of odor caused by sweating, while antiperspirants actually stop and dry up perspiration. Look for an antiperspirant/deodorant combination and make sure the fragrance isn’t too overwhelming.
2. Change your underwear. Experts say it’s amazing how most men don’t change their underwear often enough. Change them every day and after a workout.
3. Wash your face twice a day. Never use soap, body gels, or body scrubs on your face. Using soap and water will strip your skin of essential moisture and upset its natural pH balance, leaving it irritated and dry. Instead, use a facial cleanser designed to normalize your pH and restore moisture balance.
4. Hit the shower. Shower every day first thing in the morning and at night, particularly if you’ve had a long day, and every time you exercise or raise your heartbeat and perspire.
5. Clip those nails. Neat and well-groomed nails are high on the list of what attracts men to women. If your nails are long enough to collect dirt, they are too long. It’s also okay to use hand lotion or cream to keep them soft and prevent calluses and cracking.
6. Shave daily. It may seem like a hustle, but all men should adjust their hygiene rules to include shaving daily, even on the weekends. Don’t shave only for work.
Source: News24 Kenya