1. Be sexually faithful; marriage requires you to exclusively be faithful to your one spouse.
2. Be accountable; marriage requires you to be held responsible.
3. Be willing to listen; marriage requires you to give ear to your spouse’s thoughts and opinion.
4. Be willing to be corrected; marriage requires you to apologize and be rebuked when you err.
5. Be willing to work in a team of two; marriage requires teamwork.
6. Be willing to be taught; marriage is an opportunity to learn.
7. Give; marriage is not just about good things being done to you.
8. Be patient; marriage is a day by day process of ups and downs.
9. Control your temper; marriage requires self control when you’re angry.
10. Commit; marriage requires you to hold on even when it gets tough.
11. Be willing to explain yourself; marriage requires you to be answerable, to empower your spouse with information.
12. Be led by God and pray; marriage is God’s idea and requires God’s guidance.
13. Work on yourself; marriage requires you to improve on yourself, sensitive to how who you are affects your spouse.
14. Be willing to forgive; in marriage, your imperfect, human spouse will not always do or say what is right.
Marriage is not for the immature or selfish. Marriage is not for boys and girls but for grown men and women.
A wedding looks glamorous and it’s a one day event; marriage will require your effort and discipline and it takes a lifetime.