- 200g Ukwaju/tamarind, removed from the pods
- 1 large carrot
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- In a saucepan, add the tamarind and water cover and bring to the boil.
- Make sure the water reduces forming a soft thick mixture from the pulp.
- Sieve and extract the paste from the pulp until every tamarind is done.
- If you feel the paste is too thick, you can add some water to your desired consistency.
- Next, boil the carrots until tender and set aside to cool.
- In a blender, add the tamarind paste and all the other ingredients.
- Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Preserve in a tin by freezing and use as an accompaniment for bhajias and other dishes.