in ,

Photos: Power Bank Causes Fires Around Kileleshwa Estate In Nairobi


A building in one of the high-end Nairobi estates on Wednesday caught fire after a power bank reportedly exploded in one of the rooms.

The residential building located in Kileleshwa estates burned down when the power bank, which was charging, exploded sparking a fire that swiftly spread around the house.

“The house owner’s son had left his power bank charging and it set fire to curtains. We tried to fight the fire but it got out of control,” a neighbour divulged.

According to a security guard identified as Simon Mwangi, the 3am incident which happened at Villas Apartment, sparked panic forcing residents near the building to be evacuated as the affected floor was badly damaged.

“Some residents left their houses and went to spend the night elsewhere,” Mr Mwangi was quoted by a local daily.

It took firefighters close to an hour to put out the fire that was almost spreading to surrounding houses.

The incident comes amid fears raised after several incidents of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 mobile phone exploding were globally reported.

Photo of the building:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Uhuru kenyatta

LIST: Government Shuts Down 9 Colleges

kericho governor

Governor Paul Chepkwony Criticised In Kericho Over Incitement Remarks