in , ,

Sharon Otieno Appeared to Have Been Tortured Before Being Killed – Father

Whether Governor Okoth Obado had links with university student Sharon Otieno was the question yesterday after her mutilated body was found in a thicket hours after she was kidnapped.

The Migori governor swiftly distanced himself from the killing of the Rongo University student. However, her mother told reporters Mr Obado and her daughter were friends.

Detectives were yesterday dispatched to Migori and Homa Bay towns after 26-year-old Sharon’s body was found in a thicket near Oyugis town.

They had earlier arrested Obado’s personal assistant, who was whisked away from Kisumu Airport, where he and the governor were waiting for a flight to Nairobi for onward travel to Rwanda. Michael Oyamo, the aide, was at the centre of a kidnap drama in which Sharon and a Daily Nation writer Barrack Oduor were lured into a saloon car by shadowy men on Monday.

Oduor, who covers Homa Bay for Nation Media, escaped by jumping out of the abductors’ speeding car, sustaining injuries. Sharon was left behind, only for her body to be found in a thicket near Oyugis town yesterday.

Her grief-stricken father Douglas Zachary Otieno, who saw the body at Rachuonyo sub-county hospital mortuary, said Sharon appeared to have been tortured before being killed.

They slashed her all over and stabbed her womb, clearly to kill the unborn baby she had been carrying for seven months. “She had severe burns from the waist to her legs. Her neck had been broken and she had several stab wounds on her back. My daughter and her baby died a painful death,” said Mr Otieno, fighting back tears.

He said Sharon’s legs seemed to have been burnt with acid.

Mr Otieno learnt of his daughter’s death through a phone call from a man who identified himself as a policeman. He was told to rush to the thicket, about 60kms from his home in Kanyada, Homa Bay, to identify a body.

Her attempts to reach her daughter at 8pm, however, were futile, as Sharon’s phone was off. “Sharon had never been away from home beyond 8pm,” said Melinda. Yesterday, police in Homa Bay were still holding Oyamo.

There were reports that he was due to be transferred to either Kisumu or Nairobi for further interrogation.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

King Kaka Trolls Maina Kageni for His Love for Wasafi Records

This is Moi Forces Academy; Where Girls Were Driven Home in Military Lorries