Decreased temperatures means a drop in humidity levels, taking moisture not only out of the air ,but it strips off the moisture from our skin as well. While Staples like healthy diet and drinking plenty of water are crucial for healthy skin, making a few skincare changes and being faithful to your Skincare regime can help manage the discomfort of dry skin and keeping your skin feeling silky smooth all year round. Here are some easy skincare tips for the cold season:
- Diet: We are in the season where the best high antioxidants such as pumpkins, blueberries and pomegranates are in their peak. Grab these as they will do you justice. Warm drinks are good too as they will keep you from catching a cold.
- Avoid hot showers: Having a warm shower is okay but hot showers are a no no as they will strip off natural oils from your skin, leaving it dry, flaky and itchy.
- Moderate your humidifier: Feeling all cozy is good but make sure the temperature on your heater ranges between 45 to 55 degrees in order to infuse the air with enough moisture for your skin to absorb it.
- Get appropriate moisturizers: When buying moisturizers, go for rich moisturizers which will help your skin lock in moisture. Choose cream over lotion in this cold season. Glycerin also does wonders even though it can be thick and sticky but the benefits outweigh the downside. It helps to lock in moisture for 24hrs.
- Soften your soles: For the cold season, choose a thicker foot cream and apply it on your sole then massage it on to penetrate. Your feet will thank you later!
- Choose appropriate outfits: Some clothing can be irking to our bodies especially around the neck area. Stick to soft warm fabrics like cotton especially if they are direct contact with your skin.